When Medical Errors Happen
Doctors and other medical providers have a duty of care to their patients. When they fail to do so and make mistakes, they may be legally responsible for a patient’s injuries. When a medical error causes an infection, preventable injury, additional surgery, disability, or death, patients and their families should seek legal counsel.
Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
If you have suffered an injury caused by the negligent actions of a doctor, nurse, pharmacist, dentist, aid, or other healthcare provider, you may be a victim of medical malpractice and eligible to file a lawsuit in order to hold the negligent party responsible. By pursuing a medical malpractice lawsuit, injured patients are able to seek damages to help them gain compensation for the harm they suffered. Additionally, victims are speaking out to ensure negligent healthcare professionals don’t harm others in the same way.
Types of Medical Malpractice Cases We Handle
We represent medical malpractice victims in Sarasota and throughout Florida who have suffered harm as a result of:
- Unnecessary surgeries. If a doctor failed to run the correct diagnosis tests and performed an unnecessary surgery, a patient ends up going under the knife for no reason at all. Read more: Common types of unnecessary surgeries
- Surgical errors. When a surgeon leaves behind an object in a patient, it can cause a great deal of harm and result in an additional and unnecessary surgery.
- Wrong site surgeries. This type of medical error occurs when a doctor operates on the wrong arm, leg, or other body part. Sadly, in some situations, the wrong arm or leg is amputated due to a doctor’s negligence.
- Diagnosis errors. When a doctor fails to diagnose and treat a health condition such as cancer in a timely manner, a patient can suffer fatal consequences. Not only is failure to diagnose a common medical malpractice error, but a delayed diagnosis can also put a patient in grave danger.
- Anesthesia errors. When anesthesiologists fail to manage anesthesia appropriately during surgery, a patient can suffer unnecessary harm that can sometimes result in permanent injuries and even death.
- Birth injuries. When a patient or her child suffers as a result of an error made by medical staff, the results can be devastating and lead to Cerebral Palsy, permanent injuries, and even death.
- Medication errors. When doctors prescribe wrong medications or pharmacists fill wrong drugs or dosages, patients can suffer needless injuries and even death.
- Other healthcare provider errors. When an error in illness management or treatment occurs, patients can suffer serious and even fatal injuries.
While most patients suffer surgical errors and preventable injuries at hospitals, medical errors also occur in nursing homes, doctor’s offices and pharmacies. Anytime patients suffer needlessly at the hands of a careless healthcare professional, they may be victims of medical malpractice.
Our Sarasota Law Firm Will Help You Recover
While you focus on your physical recovery, we can go to work on your financial recovery. We understand that you have incurred hospital bills, lost wages, and other damages as a result of medical negligence, and we will fight to get you compensated fully for your current bills and future damages related to your injury. You and your family should not have to pay the price for the negligence of a doctor or other healthcare professional.
At the Mallard Law Firm, we are passionate about securing justice for victims of negligence. To find out how we can help you get back on your feet and obtain compensation for the suffering you endured, contact us for a free initial legal consultation through our website or by calling 888-409-3805.