If you have been in a Sarasota car crash because another driver made a turn into your vehicle or pulled out in front of you, you are most likely another victim of a failure to yield accident in Florida. Failure to yield accidents are wrecks that occur because drivers did not wait until the road was clear and safe to make their turns. When a driver fails to give the road to another motorist who has the right-of-way, it is considered failure to yield.
Some of the most common examples of failing to yield the right-of-way in Florida include:
- Failing to yield to oncoming traffic when attempting to turn left.
- Failing to come to a complete stop and remain stopped at a stop sign until the road is clear.
- Failing to yield to a bicyclist or pedestrian when making a right turn.
- Failing to yield at a crosswalk.
- Failing to yield to cross traffic at flashing traffic lights.
- Failing to yield when merging.
- Failing to yield to the road traffic when exiting a parking lot or private drive.
- Failing to yield to emergency vehicles when their lights are on.
Why do drivers fail to yield? Several reasons include:
- Driving intoxicated (drivers may have been driving drugged or drunk)
- Distracted driving (drivers may have been sending a text)
- Poor eyesight (drivers may have thought they could make it)
- Aggressive driving (drivers may have been in a hurry or putting their needs first)
Whatever the reason, if another driver crashed into your vehicle because he or she failed to yield, you have rights. We understand that you are probably in pain, angry, and overwhelmed during this time, and that you need an experienced attorney to help protect your rights and get you the compensation that you deserve for your medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, disability, and other damages.
The Mallard Law Firm understands what it takes to build a strong case for you so that you can make a financial recovery after being injured in a failure to yield accident in Florida. Call a qualified Sarasota accident attorney today for a free consultation at 888-409-3805, and request a copy of our free book What You Need to Know After a Florida Auto, Truck or Bike Accident.