Whether you are at the mall, supermarket, work, or your friend’s apartment complex, it is important that you know what to do following a slip and fall. Unfortunately, slip and fall accidents can happen just about anywhere in Sarasota, which is why you need to know what to do in order to protect your health and legal rights.
Things to Do at the Accident Scene
There are many things you need to do at the scene of your slip and fall accident, such as:
- Take pictures of the slip and fall accident scene to show the dangerous condition that caused your fall.
- Ask witnesses for their contact information.
- Report the accident to the manager or appropriate person.
- Call the police or emergency personnel, if needed.
Things to Do After Leaving the Accident Scene
There are many things you should also do once you leave the scene of the accident, including:
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Follow through with your doctor’s appointments and physical therapy sessions.
- Decline to give a recorded statement to the insurance company or sign medical release forms.
- Speak with an experienced slip and fall attorney.
It is important that you take the right steps after a slip and fall accident so that you don’t lose your rights to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. No one ever knows when they will be involved in a slip and fall. Make sure you spread the word to your friends and family on Facebook so they know what to do if they are ever faced with this situation.