Accidents involving huge commercial trucks occur every day. Sadly, when a wreck between a car and semi truck happens, it often produces catastrophic injuries due to a truck’s large size. This is especially true when accidents involve overturned trucks. While not every truck accident results in an overturned semi, there are many factors that can contribute to a truck tipping over.
The main cause of overturned truck accidents occurs from losing control, which can involve the following reasons:
- Wheel came loose – When equipment malfunctions or poor maintenance causes a wheel to come loose, it can cause the trucker to lose control of the vehicle.
- Tire blowout – When a tire blows while driving, it can cause the semi to go out of control and overturn.
- Load shifting – When the cargo load shifts in weight to one side instead of staying evenly distributed, it can cause a truck to tip over.
- Drugged or drunk driving – When a trucker is driving drugged or drunk, he may make careless decisions that may lead to an overturned truck accident.
- Drowsy driving – When truck drivers are too tired, they may drive off the side of the road and overturn.
- Traffic accident – When a trucker has to apply the brakes suddenly to avoid a crash or traffic ahead, the truck may jackknife and overturn.
When a large truck overturns, it can affect many people.
- Overturned tractor-trailers shut down roads, highways, and interstates—leading to traffic delays and nightmares for hundreds of motorists.
- Overturned semi trucks may cause serious injuries for all motorists who are involved in a Sarasota truck crash.
- Overturned commercial trucks can lead to death.
If you believe that the truck accident you were involved in was caused by a trucker’s negligence, call an experienced Sarasota truck accident attorney for help with your case. You can reach the Mallard Law Firm at 888-409-3805 today for a free consultation.