Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 888-409-3805
Phone: 941-952-1682
Free Consultation! 888-409-3805

Call or E-mail us Today!

Fill out our contact form below and we'll get back to you within 24 hours.

Penn State Scandal: What If Your Child Suffered Sex Abuse in Florida?

Blog Category:
Damian Mallard, Esq.
Comments (0)
Recent child sexual abuse charges against former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky have captured the attention of the entire nation. Such a horrific crime against young and innocent victims is frightening for any parent to contemplate. It is almost impossible to understand how the parents of these victims must feel. Unfortunately, child sexual abuse is a common occurrence in our society, so these parents are not alone.

Similar to the parents of the Penn State child sexual abuse victims, following an incident of Florida child sexual abuse, parents may:

  • Feel guilt that their child suffered this abuse
  • Blame themselves for it happening
  • Replay the child abuse incident repeatedly in their minds
  • Experience difficulty trusting people
In addition, the parents may have trouble stopping themselves from overreacting when the child wants to talk about the abuse. It is difficult to put emotion aside and simply listen calmly and ask questions when such traumatic abuse happens to your child. It is necessary to do so though, because you want the child to feel comfortable talking to you about anything.

If your child was the victim of a child sex abuser, some days will be more emotionally difficult than others. It is difficult to stop viewing the world as your enemy. In order to protect the legal rights of your family, it is essential that you contact an experienced Sarasota child abuse lawyer immediately. For a free consultation, contact our office at (941) 952-1682 or fill out our online form.

Category: Child Abuse

Damian Mallard, Esq.
Connect with me
Board Certified Sarasota Personal Injury Attorney

There are no comments.

Post a comment

Post a Comment to "Penn State Scandal: What If Your Child Suffered Sex Abuse in Florida?"

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.