When a trip to your local supermarket ends up in a trip to the hospital due to the injuries you suffered in a slip and fall accident, the grocery store could be liable. In order to prove that the store was negligent for the slippery floor that caused your injuries, you and your attorney need to look into the following:
- Why was the floor wet or slippery?
- Was the floor unreasonably slippery?
- How long had the hazardous condition been present?
- Were there caution signs to warn you about the condition of the floor?
- Did the store or employees at the store know about the dangerous flooring condition, or should they have known about the slippery condition?
Investigation is key in getting answers to these questions. It is critical for you to get a slip and fall injury lawyer involved in your case immediately so that you can file a claim against the store involved. Truth be told, it is not uncommon for Wal-Mart, Kroger, and other grocery stores to be sued for failing to maintain their property, failing to inspect their premises, failing to warn customers of hazards, or failing to correct dangerous conditions.
If you believe your slip and fall injury at a Sarasota grocery store was caused by an unreasonably dangerous situation that the store failed to warn you about, then you may have a claim for damages. For help proving negligence in order to win your slip and fall case in Florida, call the Mallard Law Firm for a free consultation today at 888-409-3805.