What are the treatment options for road rash following a Sarasota motorcycle accident?
A: Road rash, or road burn, is a truly horrific injury that occurs following a Florida motorcycle crash. This injury results when the skin of the motorcyclist makes contact with the pavement, gravel, or ground. The injury will be evaluated by a medical professional and treatment will be ordered in accordance with the severity of the injury.
What are the various possibilities for treatment for road rash caused by a Florida bike crash?
- Assessing the degree of the injury
- Cleaning the injury to remove clothing, dirt, and road debris
- Dressing the wound with a bandage if it is not severe
- Regular inspections of the wound to monitor for infection
- Skin grafts if the injury is severe
- Plastic surgery
- Hospitalization and antibiotics for infection
For more information about pedestrian accident claims, contact an experienced Sarasota accident attorney. Complete our online submission form or call our office at (888) 409-3805 for a complimentary consultation.