Damian Mallard, Esq.
After surviving a Florida truck crash, you may have many different injuries from which you are suffering. Some injuries like a broken clavicle are easy to spot, but other injuries, such as back and neck pain, may be difficult to diagnose. This is why you need know what to look for so you can make sure the doctors are giving you the proper tests and treatment.
One such injury that may be difficult to diagnose is a herniated disc. With this type of injury, pain isn’t felt unless the disc is putting pressure on the spinal cord or nerves. Because of this, it is important that you learn about the symptoms of herniated disc injuries following a Sarasota truck accident. These include:
- Sciatica. When a lower disc presses on a nerve, it can cause extreme pain in the lower back.
- Chest and shoulder pain. When a higher disc ruptures, it can cause pain in the upper extremities.
- Sharp pain. Excruciating pain in the lower back, the lumbar area, or the cervical spine in your neck can come on suddenly.
- Numbness and tingling. This is often explained as pins and needles, as if the limbs were asleep.
- Muscle weakness. This can cause difficulty in even raising your arms or legs.
- Difficulty performing daily routines. The pain can be severe enough to cause difficulty walking, working, or performing daily activities.
Because the nerves are affected when a disc slips or ruptures, pain can also move around. This means that neck pain can travel down to the shoulder, arms, and fingers. This seems to occur more when the body moves. For instance, anytime your body changes positions, even through a cough, you can feel extreme pain because of the herniated disc injury.
Different areas of the body may hurt depending on the location of the disc that ruptured. If you are hurting after a truck wreck, please seek medical treatment immediately. Also, it is in your best interest to call an experienced Sarasota injury lawyer at the Mallard Law Firm to make sure your interests are protected. Simply call (888) 409-3805 and receive a free, no-obligation consultation today.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Have Back or Neck Pain after a Florida Truck Accident? Know the Symptoms of a Herniated Disc Injury"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."