Common Causes of South Florida Car Accidents
Damian Mallard, Esq.
Many people think that they are good drivers. Maybe this is because they haven’t yet been in a car accident and attribute that fact to their great driving skill. While this may be the case, something they are unknowingly doing behind the wheel could potentially lead to a car accident.
Find out what are some of the common causes of car accidents in Sarasota, Tampa, Bradenton, St. Petersburg, and throughout South Florida in order to avoid a car crash:
- Texting while driving – When a driver’s attention is diverted from the road, even for a second, the chance of a car accident increases.
- Failure to yield – Failing to yield the right of way often occurs when drivers are making left-hand turns at intersections in front of approaching traffic.
- Tailgating – Drivers who follow too closely behind other vehicles often cause rear-end accidents because they can’t stop in time.
- Red light running – People who speed up through yellow lights are just asking for a crash.
- Drunk driving and drugged driving – Driving impaired, even after one or two drinks, could affect a driver’s judgment, reaction times, and ability to drive safely.
- Driving drowsy – Drivers should never get behind the wheel of their vehicles when they are sleepy. If feeling tired, pull over and rest to avoid crashing.
- Speeding – When drivers are traveling well over the speed limit, they present a danger to themselves and to everyone on the road because they may not be able to quickly bring their vehicles to a complete stop.
Any of these factors could contribute to causing a minor fender bender or producing a fatal accident. Sadly, motor vehicle accidents in Florida and throughout this nation are still the leading cause of accidental death. For this reason, all drivers need to remind themselves to refrain from participating in any of the above driving practices.
If you have been injured in a South Florida auto accident caused by someone else’s negligence, please call the Mallard Law Firm to speak with a qualified Sarasota car accident attorney for a free consultation today at 888-409-3805.
1 Comments to "Common Causes of South Florida Car Accidents"
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Common Causes of South Florida Car Accidents"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."